Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Liberals and Atheists Have Above Average IQs!

Don't You Love It!
When this story first broke Yesterday in all of the Major News Outlets. Well, needless to say, I was Pleased as Punch!

I was even more Delighted this Morning when I opened an e-mail from my Niece Irene, who lives in the Pacific Northwest. She was sending me a CNN News link to this very story. In it, she gleefully explained. Eddie, I thought you might appreciate this. - And You Bet I Do.

My Niece is so Bright, Beautiful and Perceptive! I just can't help but wonder where she gets it from? :)
In case you haven't seen it yet. Here's the basic report...


Liberalism, Atheism, Male Sexual Exclusivity Linked to IQ

(CNN) -- Political, religious and sexual behaviors may be reflections of intelligence, a new study finds.

Evolutionary psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa at the the London School of Economics and Political Science correlated data on these behaviors with IQ from a large national U.S. sample and found that, on average, people who identified as liberal and atheist had higher IQs. This applied also to sexual exclusivity in men, but not in women. The findings will be published in the March 2010 issue of Social Psychology Quarterly.

Thank You for Sending Me This Irene - You Made My Day!

Of course this story should be no great surprise, since we have always known...

Most of the Great Minds in Math, Science and Philosophy, Have Been Liberals, Agnostics, Atheists, Non-Theists and Secular Humanists.

Please feel free to comment below, ( just click on the word comment if the panel is not open) or you can e-mail me direct at eddieoreilly@hotmail.com and your comment will be posted. And don't forget to check out my original blog Just Thinking...
     Just Thinking 

No comments:

Post a Comment